Sunday 22 July 2012

Namaste!

Source Google
Hello, I've been absent lately so apologies! I don't have any particular reason really, well I was poorly a little and had overtime in work and yeah just got busy and I couldn't be bothered to be honest. Anyway, it's Sunday and it is my day off so I thought I'd share a bit of my life with you all. I have been hit with the travelling bug over the past few weeks, partly influenced by my friend going to Bali next year for a month! She going to do train to teach yoga and I'm so excited for her! :) 
Anyway, I was thinking how I would go about travelling and where to go etc. I have never really fancied just going off on my own and trying to figure out a country by my lonesome so I thought what would be better than going to volunteer abroad. As you may notice from the picture above my first calling is India. 

I searched the internet for volunteer placements abroad and after realising the expensive price tag, I came to the grim realisation that I was to save every penny I earn for next year to just afford it. Until I came across another volunteer organisation that was a fraction of the price! So naturally a smile spread across my face because I can afford to go to several places and not just one. I chose India because I have always had a fascination with the culture and I have always wanted to go and explore it's amazing scenery. 

My plan is to visit India after I graduate next year in the October. I'm going to volunteer at a project for children with learning disabilities and I'll be living with an Indian family. I want to go for a month and just be immersed into a totally different culture and atmosphere. I'm not going to pretend like it's going to be easy but I how will I know what life really means without experiencing every different aspect the world has to offer? 

After India I want to go to Thailand, Indonesia, Brazil, Jamaica, Nepal, Argentina and the list goes on. I just thought I'd give you a little update on my plans and aspirations. 

Love, 
Louise 
x  

6 comments:

  1. india is so beautiful :) I wish you a lot of fun there and the other places you would like to visit are so nice! *_*
    in btw your blog is lovely, dear. keep up the amazing work and feel free to check out my latest post on my blog as well, if you like :))

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you that's so lovely :) I checked out your blog and I love it :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I love India and I'd love to visit there!! I've been trying to search diferent volunteer organisations too so that I could visit some countries and work there as a volunteer! :)

    p.s. feel free to check out my fashion blog too,
    if you have time! :)

    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Plan My Gap Year lovely! They are a fraction of the price of other organisations and include your accommodation and food too! Although you don't get insurance with them it isn't too expensive and still makes the overall price a lot cheaper!

      I hope you find some place nice to go :)

      x

      Delete
  3. sooo cool! My best friend comes from Delhi and I would love to go there. I heard so many amazing things about India! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! You should definitely look into it! I'm really excited and hopefully won't have to wait too long to go :)

      Thanks for the comment sweetie :)

      x

      Delete